ESCAPE FROM SING SING PLUNGE – OSSINING $28,174
HEADLESS HORSEMAN PLUNGE – SLEEP HOLLOW $26,212
On February 18th, 2023 Gullotta House organized its 6th Annual Fundraiser diving into the Hudson River. Supporters of both plunge locations – Sleepy Hollow and Ossining – made a fun day into another milestone for Gullotta House. Community members, friends, organizations, businesses, and TEAMWORK resulted in our most successful event to date. We thank you all.
Ossining narrowly edged Sleepy Hollow in the fundraising tally. As a result, Ossining was awarded a Recreation scholarship of $500. Congratulations Ossining.
Distribution of Funds
**All funds were distributed from January 1st, 2023, to March 1st, 2023**
1- Teams received $21,600:
- $675 Justin: Young Men’s Lyceum Club
- $500 Andre Rainey: National Parents Organization
- $500 Sleepy Hollow Football Boosters
- $1,150 Delores: Team Matthias’ Fight against pediatric cancer
- $500 RTA
- $10,000 Red Team in memory of Ed Person: scholarship for his two young children
- $1,305 Devin Kapica: Ossining Youth Sing Sing Lacrosse
- $1,250 Jackie Cordia: Ossining Cheer Team
- $2,000 Father Elvin: St. Ann’s Food Pantry
- $375 SNARR
- $300 Brent Gamble: Brielle Sky Foundation
- $3,000 Mahopac family received a used car with 1 year’s insurance paid and renter’s insurance. Shout out to Legend Auto, Sleepy Hollow & Rey Insurance Agency, Sleepy Hollow
2 -$10,000 for Gullotta House Fire & Flood Victims’ transitional housing. Incredible effort and dedication by the following teams whose donations were used for our transitional housing initiative and to cover expenses:
- $2,302 Dana Levenberg
- $2,296 Eric Lebenson
- $1,625 Tyler Valenti
- $1,514 Robert Lustyik
- $1,380 Devin Kapica
- $1,001 Delores De Joy
- $1,197 Aidan Nolan
- $1,055 The Tasty Table
- $881 Anthony Pullissio
- $771 RTA: Perry DiNapoli, Jenna Thompson Roach, Ryan Smith
- $745 Brian McElroy
- $700 Justin: Young Men’s Lyceum Club
- $500 Matthew D Gullotta
- $365 Nicole Spruck
- $375 Anthony Gullotta
- $200 Los Andes Bakery – Jessica Mejias
- $165 Noel Sanchez
- $185 Samantha & Sherman
3-$3,990 Scholarships :
- $1,550 Tyler Valenti: Senior Sleepy Hollow High School
- $1,200 Aidan Nolan: Senior Iona Prep
- $875 Anthony Pullisso: Westchester Community College
- $365 Nicole Spruck: Scholarship for a parent at Little Hands Little Feet Preschool
4- $2,350 Westchester residents gift cards
5- $513 Delivered meals from restaurants to Westchester families, seniors, and individuals facing hardships.
6- $6,193 Signs, advertising, marketing, ads in River Journal, News 12 fire & flood victims commercial
7- $2,000 Medical equipment for a Tarrytown resident and an Ossining resident
8- $4,050 Supplies, food, bagpipers, shirts, and hoodies. Thank you to our suppliers:
- DJ Johnny G for entertainment at Escape from Sing Sing Plunge
- DJ Esco for entertainment at Headless Horseman Plunge and the after party
- Sir Speedy & Blue Line for shirts and hoodies
- Ossining Starbucks for free coffee
- Scarduzio’s Deli for free hot chocolate
- Los Andes Bakery for pastries and hot chocolate
- Sleepy Coffee for coffee and banana bread
9- $500 Ossining Recreation: scholarship for a resident in need
In total $54,386 was received in donations.
After expenses for supplies, advertising, and marketing, Gullotta House gave back $40,953. The balance of $3,190 as of March 1, 2023, will be directed to Westchester County residents facing hardships.
The Escape from Sing Sing Plunge will be held at Louis Engle Park Beach, Ossining on Saturday February 18, 2023 at 10am! Plungers should arrive at 9:15am. To donate or become a sponsor click donate above.
Headless Horseman Plunge will be hosted later in the day at the beach at Kingsland Point Park, 299 Palmer Ave, Sleepy Hollow. The plunge will be held on Saturday February 18, 2023 at 2pm! Plungers should arrive at 1:30pm. To donate or become a sponsor for the Headless Horseman Plunge click here.
Last year, we raised $50,000 at our 2022 plunge. Do you want to take the plunge or sponsor our bravest residents? You can contribute as an individual or join our roster of business sponsors.
Our fundraising goal is to exceed $50,000 and 50 participants towards helping Westchester families facing a hardship, regardless of income.
Each plunge registrant is tasked with raising a minimum of $75. For those participants who attract sponsorships or donations in excess of $125, they’ll get to memorialize their plunge with a long sleeve event shirt. For raising $250, participants will receive a customized hoodie.
Not to be outdone, we have sponsorships targets for contributors and local businesses:
1- $50 Friend of Gullotta House; Facebook Shout out
2- $250 Facebook logo ad in paper
3- $500 Facebook logo ad in paper and up to 3 minutes talk about business at Plunge
4- $1,000 All the above, logo on shirt, and company sign at Event.
To sponsor this event or a person click donate above.
Just like last year, everyone must wear sneakers or water shoes and sign a waiver. Costumes are not only allowed but also encouraged. We are taking pictures and videos to celebrate this 2022 fundraising kick off.
It is not too late to sponsor any one or more of our heroes below by making a donation. Alternatively, plan to join the merriment in 2022 by plunging in yourself and get your friends to cheer you on, contribute to your campaign, and pass you some hot chocolate to warm you up when you come back on shore.